Question by  tasneem (22)

What can you tell me about spouse identity theft in the state of Florida?

My spouse stole my identity in Florida.


Answer by  drago (28)

It is hard to believe that somebody whom you love would try to hurt you. If your spouse has stolen your identity, the first step would be to contact the 3 major credit bureaus which are Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. The bureaus will put a fraud alert on your credit report.


Answer by  Advisor (1032)

Unless you are charging your spouse with some other form of battery, domestic violence or fraud (entering into a contract), the identity theft will be very difficult to prove.


Answer by  fishlover49 (643)

If you want your spouse to get into legal trouble, report the fraud to the credit bureau and the bank, report the fraud to the police department and notify your creditors.

You have 50 words left!