Question by  Mikhaili (27)

What can you tell me about a bee sting and epi-pen injections?


Answer by  patti (29325)

Some people react badly to insect stings, which can be deadly for them by causing anaphylaxis. An "epi pen" contains a dose of epinephrine, which is the antidote to anaphylaxis shock. Anyone who has had a bad reaction to a sting should always have an epi-pen close at hand.


Answer by  NurseB (513)

If you are allergic or very reactive to bees a doctor may prescribe an epi-pen. Basically an epi-pen is injected ASAP after a sting. This helps fight the allergens/anaphalactic shock.


Answer by  mb (5482)

Epi-pens (short for epinephrine) are used in cases of severe allergic reaction. This is most commonly found when an allergic person is stung by a bee.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Epi-pens are used for SEVERE allergic reactions. If you are allergic to something that can kill you in a short period of time a doctor will give you one.


Answer by  RRGKK (412)

People who have violent allergic reactions to bee or wasp stings usually carry or keep an epi-pen to counteract the effects long enough to seek medical attention.

You have 50 words left!