Question by  Raketemensch (54)

What can I do with a photography degree from an art institute?

I really need a job.


Answer by  sonicfoundation (2597)

There are many things you can do. You can become a freelance photographer for various events and organizations. Work for magazines or newspapers, the always have need for photos. You can start your own portrait studio or work for one. Alternatively, you could become an artist and use your photography degree in that way.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

You could work as a free lance photographer for magazines or newspapers. You could work for a school photo firm. You could take pictures for auction websites and individuals who want to sell online.


Answer by  benstac (1928)

The pay may not be great, but sometimes photographers are looking for photography assistants if they are going out to shoot a wedding, etc. It may be a good way to break into the industry and do some networking. Depending on what other classes you took, you may be able to branch into marketing photography in the corporate world.


Answer by  kfelicetti (235)

You can assist established, professional photographers by being a photographer's assistant. You can try to freelance, send your work out to magazines that you might want to work for. Make sure you have a website with a portfolio of your work. You could try to teach photography classes or work at an art museum's photography department.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

There are many options you can explore with your degree. For starters try for a position on a newspaper or magazine. If they are not hiring full time see if you can freelance for awhile. Other options are art advertising, working at a billboard company, teaching photography classes at a college or high school or working at the camera shop.

You have 50 words left!