Question by  Amanda65 (1220)

What can I do about Weeping Cherry Tree bark problems?


Answer by  champaign9497 (11977)

You should go to your local nursery and tell them what is happening and they would be able to tell you how to go about fixing it.


Answer by  nickyann (363)

Prune your weeping cherry tree to remove diseased or dead wood and branches rubbing against each other. You will want to monitor the tree and immediately remove and destroy any infected branches and leaves to prevent it from spreading to other parts of the tree. Fertilize in the spring with a slow release fertilizer.


Answer by  Azrael (27)

Depends on the bark problem. Splitting can be caused by regular growth, frost, herbicide, fungus, diseases, or even lightning damage! If the splitting is specifically on the side which faces the sun quite often, it can even be sun damage (white latex paint can fix this up) more info needed


Answer by  choctaw (361)

If your bark is splitting, the most common problem, paint the affected area with white latex paint. If you want to check the tree to make sure it is still alive, scrape the bark in small increments until the bark appears green. This is the live part of the tree.


Answer by  beth56 (18)

Bacterial disease is a common problem in Weeping Cherry Trees. Herbicide spraying could cause bark problems also. Whether may also be a leading factor in the tree. Lighting may have struk the tree and caused the damage.


Answer by  Phoenix (15)

Educating the public and researching the impact of the problems surronding the weeping cherry tree bark would be the best method for starting a concerted effort to finding a soulution.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Make sure you regularly cleanse the bark according to the problem areas. You can use a home based solution such as vinegar to clean up the bark problems. Apple cider vinegar can also be used. This will regularly clean up the bark and provide you with a great texture of the plant.


Answer by  GreenThumb96 (10)

Bark problems on a Weeping Cherry Tree can have several causes. You should go and see a local nursery and tell them about your problem. Or contact a certified arborist.


Answer by  Fiao (17)

You should probably call a doctor that will give you advice how to take care for this kind of problems and will help you how to prevent yourself in such cases.


Answer by  ruffy (1117)

there is a pastic pipe you can get and cut in down on one side and then put it over the tree stump then tape top and bottom

You have 50 words left!