health treatments


Question by  ME42 (8)

What can be done when a urinalysis indicates that you have an infection?

I have an indication of an infection.


Answer by  navywriter (790)

The doctor will put you on antibiotics to kill the bacteria causing the infection. He might also give you another medication to stop the burning pain. You can help yourself by drinking cranberry juice or taking cranberry vitamin supplements. You should also drink plenty of water to help flush out your system.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

Most likely, the doctor who diagnosed you with the infection in the first place will prescribe an antibiotic that will fight the infection.


Answer by  holdengal (693)

You should go to see a doctor. A fungal infection is treated differently from a bacterial infection. The medication you need will depend on the type of infection that you have.


Answer by  ToralDwivedi (606)

Control the infection by proper antibiotic after doctor's advice. If there is a stone anywhere in Urinary Tract, go for lithotripsy or surgery. Drink at least 15-20 glasses of water per day. Avoid sexual intercourse till infection is controlled. If your age is above 55 and if you are a male, get your prostate checked.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If you have an infection your Doctor will give you a prescription for the proper medication. These medications which can range from Antibiotics to Sulfur drugs will cause your infection to cease in about a week.

You have 50 words left!