Question by  ashleightindall (32)

What are mothers rights in Iowa?

My husband moved out last week, when he did he cleaned out the bank accounts and took two of my four children with him.


Answer by  Brittney (1095)

You need to get an attorney. Most states do not like to split the children up, and as long as the mother is not unfit they normally find for her.


Answer by  rbiales (3441)

Mother's rights in Iowa are largely the same as anywhere else -- the single most important factor is the advocate you have to see that your rights are defended. Get good legal help, and move quickly because the more time he has to move, the harder it will be for anyone to find him to enforce your rights.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

He has no right to take all of your money. Law states that in marriage half is yours, half is his. You can take him to court and you can try to get your other kids back. You will if you can prove he's an unfit parent.

You have 50 words left!