Question by  BabyMamma (34)

t should I do about a dislocated rib?

It hurts and I don't know what to do.


Answer by  spin (166)

Unfortunately dislocated and broken ribs are not usually fixed with pins, or nails in the way other bone fractures and dislocations can be fixed. It will take time to heal. See a medical professional to confirm it is 'only' a dislocation, and nothing more serious.


Answer by  patti (29325)

A physician must diagnose a dislocated rib. If you've been seen, the doctor likely said to rest and be inactive until the rib goes back into place on its own in 2-3 days. If you've not seen the doctor, do so immediately. Sometimes a big cough will pop the rib back into place.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

The first thing I would do, is to see a doctor. The rib could be broken or laying on your airways and eventually it will be hard for you to breath. I would not try to cough, sneeze or blow your nose, this puts pressure on your ribs. The doctor will probably take x-rays.


Answer by  catewheeler (289)

Use the R.I.C.E. protocol for first aid of a dislocated rib: rest, ice, compression, and elevation (if you can). Continue to ice the painful area about four times a day for two days, then switch to heat if you're starting to feel better. Keep your ribs wrapped with an elastic bandage between treatments, and consider seeing a doctor!


Answer by  Daniell (160)

The only thing you can really do when you have an injured rib is letting your body heal itself. Analgesics should help you to cope with pain.


Answer by  Anonymous

about the chiro i totally agree. people should look to the web for evidence of people injured and even killed by chiropractic. it is amazing doctors do not stand against them but chiro bring them a lot of business in scans, but they will not find answers intentionally-usa decline

posted by Anonymous
Those websites that bash chiros usually aren't reputable in looking at actual research. Medical docs pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in malpractice, perscription drugs can kill you. my chiro pays significantly less. Chiropractic is a safe, alternative form of medicine.  add a comment

Answer by  caylascreations78 (489)

You should see a doctor or go to the emergency room for anything this serious. They will be able to diagnose your problem.


Answer by  Angela17 (697)

What you need to do as soon as possible is to consult your physician and be seen. You can cause other problems if this is not helped.


Answer by  Lore (174)

Either see your doctor to get a referal to a chiropractor or find one through recommendations of friends and/or family. A chiropractor is trained to manipulate bones back into place.

posted by Anonymous
they- chiros are trained to put bones out of place to continue the unending back industry. a chiro dislocated several of my ribs, twisted my sacrum, and twisted my spine resulting in midback herniations,disability with many symptoms and doctors with do coverup even though chiros are not doctors  add a comment
You have 50 words left!