birds  pets


Question by  joyce51 (22)

Is there an organization I can contact if I found a parakeet?

Yesterday while walking in the back yard I found a parakeet, it is very obvious that it is a loved pet.


Answer by  montree (354)

Well, you can go to a Pet Store and ask them if they accept adoption services. You might get a customer who would want to obtain the parakeet if you posted your ad in the newspaper. You could also post your ads online at websites . You could also refer your bird to the humane society.


Answer by  henners (568)

One can contact the local police station and inform them of the found pet parakeet. Local animal shelters and animal rights groups in the area can also be reached and may provide assistance. Also, visiting a pet store in the area which carries bird feed and placing a flyer might be effective.


Answer by  answer17 (97)

You should contact the local police department at their non emergency number and report that you have found it. Also, you could contact a local humane society and either drop the bird off there, or let them know you have it at your house.


Answer by  mrsshelast (899)

Absolulty, contact your local SPCA or Animal shelter. They will most likely ask you to surrender the parakeet and they will care for the bird while they search for its owners.


Answer by  Valentine62 (2131)

The first thing to do is find its owner, they are probably frantic with worry. Place an ad in the paper or put up flyers. Then the next step, if not claimed, take it to the Humane Society and ask them to find the owner or put it up for adoption.

You have 50 words left!