Question by  mkgheaton (81)

If I have pain on my left side under the rib cage, will ice work?


Answer by  Rick64 (15)

Ice should stop the inflammation of most tissues. However this depends mostly upon what sort of pain you re experiencing. Ice mostly treats tissues that are on the surface of the body. Any pain felt inside the body should be diagnosed by a doctor.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

Most likely not, but this will depend on many factors. If you have sustained an injury, ice may alleviate the pain and inflammation but if the pain is caused by say, pluracy of the lung this may not be the case. If you do not know the cause of the pain, see your physician before trying home remedies.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

Anything on left side I would be concerned with. This is the heart side. I would go to the emergency room or see a doctor asap. You could have a broken rib.


Answer by  Darkephoenix (1789)

If it's something simple such as a strained muscle then the answer is probably yes. If it's more complicated such as bruising or other internal issues, then no. If it continues you might want to see a doctor.

You have 50 words left!