Question by  JT24 (2)

I work for an independent store.There is no HR department. So where do I report the owner for mistreatment?

On several occasions she has failed been late with payroll. She is verbally abusive and lies about employees when they contact her from the unemployment office, saying they are addicted to drugs!


Answer by  rhelt (461)

This is an interesting, but not unique, situation. Many small companies do not have a human resources department. If the issue is not criminal, your only option is to hire a lawyer and sue for monetary damages.


Answer by  Chiyamaka (846)

First, get some hard evidence that your boss is mistreating her employees. Report her to the police station or the appropriate government office. I would quit the job some time during this process to avoid and further confrontation, or I would hire a lawyer and sue her for verbal abuse.


Answer by  JT24 (2)

She is an independent business owner there is no HR, who could I report her to?

You have 50 words left!