Question by  slsg (9)

I quit my job several years ago, how can I get my 401k money back?


Answer by  patti (29325)

When you separated from your employer, HR should have notified the financial entity that handles their 401Ks of your departure. In turn, that entity would have notified you of options.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

When you left the job, you should have at least had your contributions cashed out to you. You need to contact the human resources department of the company and find out how to get your money.


Answer by  barkley38 (85)

You will need to contact Human Resources at your previous employment and ask them this question. Different companies have different guidelines and it depends on the particular companies requirements on 401K benefits. Most likely they will send you some forms to fill out and return and then they can proceed from there.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Your 401K money is in an account in your name. Contact the brokerage firm where the account was held. Then you can either roll over the account on another firm or cash it out.

You have 50 words left!