dental care


Question by  Karen54 (971)

I have a cavity at my gum line - what should I do?

I have never had a cavity before.


Answer by  maber (1427)

You should see a dentist as soon as possible because you do not want the tooth to crack and break while still in the mouth. They may be able to just fill it or you may need to get it removed. Better than waiting until the whole thing gets infected.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

Definatley go to the dentist and get a composite filling as soon as possible so that it does not get any bigger. If it gets bigger it could turn into an abcess and you could loose the tooth.


Answer by  Fritz (608)

Go to your dentist and he can fill it with a filling color to match the tooth that has the cavity.


Answer by  GinaD (400)

You really need to see a dentist and get it filled. As we age, our gums recede gradually, and we need to be extra careful to brush the gumline area.


Answer by  Pineapple7 (260)

Make an appointment with a local dentist. If new to seeing a dentist, ask friends for references. The dentist will care for the cavity, and that will prevent you from experiencing more tooth and gum trouble.

You have 50 words left!