car repairs


Question by  AKM79 (330)

How do you remove the center cap to change a flat tire?


Answer by  bug57 (1048)

It depends on what type of car you're driving. Some cars have hubcaps that can be removed by inserting a screwdriver between the lip of the wheel and the cap. Other cars have caps that have a series of plastic bolts or screws to hold them on. Others just screw into the wheelbase itself.


Answer by  SSport (53)

To remove a center cap in order to change a flat tire, you will need to get yourself a medium sized flathead screwdriver and gently pry.


Answer by  carlady (182)

I would suggest that you use the tools in the jack kit in your car to remove the center cap be gentle it can break.


Answer by  seansnark (145)

On most cars a simple screw driver will be all that is needed. There are some models that have a special tool usually located in glove box or trunk.

You have 50 words left!