legal  name


Question by  billym (53)

How do you legally change your name in California?

I want to change my name.


Answer by  BilWitters (436)

To legally change your name in California, you must file an application with the appropriate court in the county in which you have resided for a preset period of time. You will have to publish your name and your intention in an paper to notify potential creditors and others.


Answer by  souldolphindream (835)

I would recommend that you petition the court to have your name changed. You want to make sure that every thing is legal and it is best to go thru the court system. Not very hard once you start the process.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

You need to petition the California court. You can go to any courthouse and get the needed papers and forms to complete.


Answer by  MathWiz (1408)

You'll need to go to a lawyer and have them file a petition to change your name. The courts want to verify the name change isn't due to you wanting to defraud anyone.

You have 50 words left!