car repairs


Question by  nethrasen (25)

How do you adjust the points on a tractor?

I have a 9n Ford tractor.


Answer by  Jalaine11 (2043)

To adjust the points on your 9n Ford tractor you first need to locate the distributor. This will be found on either the front of your tractor or on the side. The distributor should be designed to be removed from your tractor to adjust the points. Your point gap on all four lopes should be. 015.


Answer by  worker8121 (244)

If you mean 3 point hitch, then you should have slack adjusters on the two bottom arms, rotating them one way will loosen. This will allow you to adjust the lateral position, to adjust the tilt and height there will be an adjustment on the third upper point, or you may have a separate linkage of a different length.


Answer by  thattractorguy (2970)

Remove the cap, rotor, and second cap. Loosen the screw on the side of the points that attaches to the floor of the distributor. Use a feeler gauge to set them to the right specs. Then tighten the screw to hold it in place.


Answer by  Mark89 (173)

you need to look up the gap, get a shim for that gap. Then pull the distributor cab and turn the motor over until the points are open. Unscrew the points and place the shim in between the points so it closes on the points and screw it back down.


Answer by  japratt (1687)

In order to adjust to points on a tractor you will need to open the hood of the tractor. Once there you can adjust the points.

You have 50 words left!