car repairs


Question by  Sivan (10)

How do I replace the clutch master cylinder on my car?

I have a Hyundai Accent.


Answer by  tab65 (456)

To replace the clutch master cylinder on a car first empty the brake fluid. Then loose the mounting bolts to the master cylinder and remove. Then replace with new one.


Answer by  worker8388 (994)

First screw the flexible hydraulic hose coupling to the new slave cyclinder. Then tighten as much as possible through hand. Put grease on the tab of the slave cyclinder. Using the 17mm coupling and attached to the body of the slave cyclinder. Remove the vise grip from clutch master cyclinder. Then replace the transmission tray as well as rear wheel.


Answer by  BALAJIN (0)

Remove brake fluid reservoir cap and fluid removal tool,as much brake fluid as possible. refill and reinstall brake fluid reservoir cap. electrical connector to the fluid level sensor. Most connectors safety clips that need to be released before disconnect. mounting bolts removed,lift the master cylinder of the mounting studs and the vehicle.


Answer by  billyb (562)

it bolts to the firewall of your car. also, you have to disconnect the rod that goes to the pedal.


Answer by  Amber40 (24961)

It should be pretty easy. Start by draining the clutch system. Then unbolt the master cylinder and install the new one. The reattach the lines and refill the system. Finally bleed the system of any air.


Answer by  japratt (1687)

In order to replace the clutch master cylinder on your car your will need to be able to get under your car. The clutch master will be located directly near the clutch.

You have 50 words left!