Question by  stphaniecostello87 (159)

How do I get a copy of my w-2?

I didn't get it from my employer.


Answer by  cgroverla (516)

If you still cannot get your W-2 after contacting your employer, you can get a copy of it from the IRS. Forms are online .


Answer by  Chaneygirl (1755)

You can contact the Social Security Administration if your employer filed it with them (they are supposed to). If that isn't an option, you can use your last pay stub and create an alternative W2. See IRS pub 17 for additional information. Before any of that, I would contact my employer for it.


Answer by  blahblah (670)

Your employer is required to send you your W-2 by early February. If you haven't received your W-2, call your employer and ask for it. The IRS website says that if you do not receive your form by February 15, you should call the IRS.


Answer by  Adaamrf77 (23)

Try to contact the company directly and ask them to send you another copy. If this fails then contact the IRS, explain to them the situation.


Answer by  angiem1981 (1059)

Contact the human resources department and they will issue a new w-2. However, this may take up to six weeks to get depending on the employer.


Answer by  vflee71 (25)

Best and most accurately place is the IRS. Its a printout version all employer & your info to file your tax return(s).

You have 50 words left!