Question by  bricen (77)

How can I tell if my cat was poisoned?

I feel certain someone poisoned my cat.


Answer by  Mike7132 (393)

Cats are by nature hunters and can be poisoned just by catching and eating poisoned animals such as mice or birds. Things to look for are lose of appetite, neurological problems, paralysis and vomiting. Pets have also been poisoned by anti-freeze. The best thing is take your pet to a vet to be checked.


Answer by  DDeSoto (196)

Anything odd with the cats personality or health is a good indicator that it is sick or poisoned. If you look in your cats litter box and see if the feces is a different color or texture than before. Blood coming out of anywhere is an obvious sign. Also if the cat is balding or has odd fluids secreting.


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

The cat may have seizures or severe vomiting. He may be extremely agitated. Other signs are tremors, drooling and paddling of the legs. If you suspect poisoning, get the cat emergency treatment right away to avoid damage.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

Your cat will probably look lethargic and may not eat or drink. If you suspect someone has poisoned your cat take your cat to the Vet right away. They can take the proper precautions to save your cat's life. If you wait too long your cat could die from the poison.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Your cat would retch and gag,lose hair, lose appetite, and be very ill. I hope instead of asking me, you've already asked your vet. Cats should NOT be let outside.


Answer by  tunsad (413)

The cat will be lethargic. The cat may be vomiting, not eating or just not being himself. If you suspect that your cat has been poisoned, he needs to be seen by a vet.

You have 50 words left!