Question by  abisind (22)

How can I include loss of wages on an insurance claim?


Answer by  Rubberchicken (819)

You should indicate to your adjuster that you have lost wages and then provide any documentation they request to prove your claim.


Answer by  Rubberchicken (819)

If you desire to be reimbursed for lost wages upon any settlement, you need to make sure that you get a doctor's report indicating you cannot work due to your injury, documentation from your employer, and pay stubs or better, W-2's. If you work 'under the table,' you likely will have extreme difficulty getting this portion of your claim paid.


Answer by  MarkWatrous (729)

You must inform the insurance adjuster that you have lost time from work. You may do by substantiating the amount of wages you have lost due from the accident. If you provide a letter from your employer and the last paycheck stub BEFORE you had the accident, this should work.


Answer by  marcy (69)

You need to notify your adjuster that you have lost time from work. You need to substantiate the amount of wages you have lost. A letter from your employer, along with an old paycheck stub, should suffice.


Answer by  John (9008)

Individual policies differ on what they will cover, so lost wages might be excluded. You would have to check your policy. However, if there is no exclusion, then you can include them. If you are making a claim on someone else's insurance, you can claim them either way.


Answer by  ctteman (9)

You can include loss of wages on an insurance claim if the claim is related to injuries or losses that have prevented you from earning wages.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well, just simply put back your loss of wages. How much money you lost due to the claim that you are facing should be mentioned.


Answer by  chris70 (301)

Yes you can include loss wages on an insurance claim if you can get a doctor to say that the injury made working impossible in your chosen field. If the insurance company refuses to pay you may need a lawyer.


Answer by  msamylulu (22)

1. Have a job. 2. Be hurt by a company with lots of insurance. 3. Don't go to work (if you do, you cannot be paid for loss of wages) 4. Include a claim for lost wages, insist they must "make you whole" 5. Whine and complain until you're paid!

Reply by msamylulu (22):
(I am not a professional, or even a lawyer, by the way)  add a comment
You have 50 words left!