Question by  IM12NV (32)

Do I need to get water pipe insurance?

Are pipes covered by home owners insurance. I am worried about my pipes bursting.


Answer by  Hasan72 (572)

Under the home owners insurance damage from bursting pipes are covered but there is no separate water pipe insurance available. But the cover actually depends on the policy. Some policies cover damages of bursting pipes and some don't.


Answer by  DevoutCatalyst (441)

This depends if your mortgage stipulates you need to. The majority of home insurance providers will include cover to your pipes. Either an emergency call out type optional or part of the standard buildings cover. Only 40% or so do this so be sure to ask come renewal.


Answer by  sureshgopalan (38)

water pipe insurance is not mandatory, if you are worried about your pipes bursting, you can contact an insurance agent and ask for the details.home owners insurance will usually cover this damage, but each policy differs and it is better to read your policy.


Answer by  Rubberchicken (819)

There is no such coverage as pipe insurance. Your pipes are considered part of your home, apartment, or condo and any resulting damage from bursting pipes will be covered. Rather than focusing on separate coverage, look to mitigate potential losses by keeping temperatures above 55 degrees and that your pipes are not showing any signs of wear and tear.

posted by Anonymous
Just make sure your pipes aren't under the slab. If so, more than likely your insurance will not cover. I speak from experience...  add a comment

Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

There's no such thing as water pipe insurance, damage from bursting pipes are covered under the homeowners insurance. Damage to the water pipes are not if they burst. If is damages, walls, drapes, floor etc. they only that would be covered.


Answer by  shiva8964 (19)

yes, but it is not mandatory anyway if you are going to cover your pipelines under Insurance, you are availing the benefits at the time of Bursting, Damages, etc.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

I wish I could give you a better answer, but you will have to read your policy. Some policies include water damage and others don't. You can call your insurance agent and ask specifically if this would be covered.

You have 50 words left!