Question by  Justin81 (21)

Can I require my husband to have supervised visitations with my son?

The agreement does not require supervised visits but I would like the visits to be supervised.


Answer by  Platypus (180)

There are only two ways to require the visits to be supervised. 1. You will need a judge to issue a court order. 2. You convince your husband to sign a contract that requires supervised visits. A judge will not require supervision without due cause. The second option is almost never reasonable.


Answer by  killermike (176)

If not stated in the agreement there is not really anything you can do short of going before a judge or other authorized agency given power by the court in order to have this agreement modified. Unless you can prove your husband is a danger to the child odds are you will not succeed.


Answer by  withluck (1745)

You will need to have the agreement changed to reflect a requirement that the visitations be supervised. You will need to go through a court procedure to make this a legal requirement.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must petition the court and show ample reasons, backed by facts, why the visits should be supervised. Very often CPS is involved in these actions when a parent is known to have specific issues that create an unsafe environment for the child. The focus must be on the welfare of the kids, not the comfort level of the parent.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

To require it legally requires filing with the court along with a legally valid reason to require the supervision, such as abuse or addiction.

You have 50 words left!