Question by  pholman (17)

Are copperhead snakes poisonous?

I think I saw one in my yard.


Answer by  sususu (866)

The bite of a copperhead snake is venomous. While bites are typically not fatal, the venom can cause damage if treatment isn't sought, especially if the bite is in the hands or feet. If you see a copperhead snake, ignore it and let it go on its way.


Answer by  beelady (334)

Yes, copperhead snakes are poisonous. They are a form of pit viper and can inject venom when they bite. However, they are generally not fatal and will frequently bite without venom or with only a small amount of venom.

You have 50 words left!