Question by  jennysdog (36)

Who do I call about a dead tree limb which fell damaging my car?

Do I call my homeowners insurance or my car insurance?


Answer by  Thomas82 (13)

It depends on the location my vehicle was at when the accident occurred. If I am at my residence in which I have homeowners insurance I would contact my homeowners insurance company. If my vehicle receives damage while not at my residence I would contact my auto insurance company.


Answer by  Gingercakes (920)

Well, I would call both. Homeowners insurance should cover the tree removal and damage. If they don't, then contact the car insurance company.


Answer by  Roland27 (16334)

If you have Comprehensive coverage on your car insurance then you can claim the damages through your car insurance. It's hard to get the claim approved by homeowners insurance.


Answer by  busybetty (10)

Call your car insurance company. The incident will be covered by your car insurance company if you have physical damage coverage. If you do not have physical damage insurance, you could call your homeowner's insurance company if you have personal property coverage. However, the deductible may be too prohibitive to claim the damage.


Answer by  John22 (29)

It depends on where the tree is growing. If the tree is on your property, then call your insurance company, if not then they can tell you who to call.

You have 50 words left!