home improvement


Question by  TeepP12 (16)

What type of resin should I use to re-seal my granite countertops?

My countertops are starting to fade.


Answer by  worker2614 (137)

Use a fluorocarbon alphatic resin sealer to re-seal a granite countertop. Usually the more expensive the resin, the less you will have to re-seal the granite countertop. In the case of resin, you pay for quality. Granite Shield is a brand of granite sealer that only has to be used once and will usually last a lifetime if applied properly.


Answer by  SIDDHU (861)

If couple of drops of water when dripped on the counter top absorb into the countertop, you need to re-seal the top. Harsh chemicals and heavy use breaks down a sealer more quickly. First you would know how frequently your counter top should needed to reseal. Sealing your counter top prevents it from staining.


Answer by  nairjula (559)

There is a very good home remedy to make you granite counter top shine again. Clean it thoroughly, wipe after putting a few drops of lemon juice and cookinng oil.


Answer by  joeinphilly (388)

Granite is stone and typically doesn't "fade". If use and wear has created cut marks or other depressions in the stone then you need to compound and polish the stone. To "seal" granite use a paper towel and cooking oil!


Answer by  japratt (1687)

I would use the top available resin to be able to seal your granite. In order to seal the granite I would use the most expensive and the most reliable one on the market.

You have 50 words left!