Question by  vijayan (63)

What should I do after receiving an electrical shock?


Answer by  PZ (1206)

If the shock is severe enough to result in burns on the skin, loss of hand-eye coordination, irregular heartbeat, confusion or problems with breathing, seek immediate medical attention. It is best to be observed in a medical facility for several hours following a severe shock. Delayed effects can include heart or respiratory failure.


Answer by  catewheeler (289)

Low-voltage shocks are nothing to worry about. For a minor shock, burns are the most common injury, which you can treat with a burn ointment and ice.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Well that sounds like a bit of a problem, so what you should do is actually visit your doctor and then you need to go for an x-ray. Because you got an electrical shock it could have affected your nerves deeply which won't be known until you actually check for x-ray.


Answer by  Elle (648)

MilIt depends on the the voltage - mild shock no problem - a stronger shock can affect your heart rate - see MD. Lightening strikes kill.


Answer by  Jojoblue (468)

I always get electric shocks but it never bothered me. I would be bothered if I get burned from it.


Answer by  diva25 (4016)

If it was a little one I would not worry too much about it. If you are concerned you can call your doctor and see what he/she says.


Answer by  thangam (95)

First of all switch off the electric source before touching the person affected. If the person did not have any signs of breathing, immediately start cardiopulmonary resuscitation process until the person have own breathing.

You have 50 words left!