health conditions


Question by  spidersong (27)

What should I do about an infected burn?

I got a burn 3 days ago and now it is infected.


Answer by  ZiggyHolmes (127)

The best thing to do if it is infected is to go to the doctor and have in prescribe you some antibiotics to fight the infection. There are also antibiotic creams prevent worsening of the infection. Antibiotics are your best bet.


Answer by  jpremerlani (46)

An infected burn may continue to ooze, may smell. will not be healing and may have red streaks. If you suspect an infection you should see a physician immediately.


Answer by  samster (63)

You should go see a doctor immediatly. Infected burn are very dangerous and can lead to serious medical issues. Your doctor will typically prescribe an oral antibiotic (a pill that you swallow) and or cream to treat the infection. I would not advise treating an infection on your own without a physician looking at it.


Answer by  NurseB (513)

Infected burns should be treated with antibiotic ointment. Depending on the degree (depth) of the burn and level of infection; oral antibiotics may be needed. Always keep the burn covered with a sterile gauze pad and bandage (to prevent further infection). Be wary of a secondary staph infection. Monitor site. When in doubt, refer questions out.


Answer by  florence (49)

If you got an infected burn, better go to a clinic and let the doctor check it to avoid other complications to occur.


Answer by  jmr (40)

Any infected burn should be treated by a physician. Location, size of burn and wheher or not it is a first, second or third degree burn will need to be assessed for proper treatment.

You have 50 words left!