car repairs


Question by  PinkyPosh (21)

What is involved in fixing the hydraulics for the top of a Chrysler Sebring Convertible?

My convertible top does not always go up and down as it should.


Answer by  Jsands1982 (871)

There is a lot involved just to remove it. Clips, snap-on buttons, and bolts. Best bet is to find a wrecking yard and ask for the part you need and watch them remove the top with the hydraulics. Yes some parts of the top you will have to remove to even get to half of the hydraulic itself.


Answer by  2252525jena (282)

You have to replace all the internal wiring with the new one. Also a replacement of all the cursors would be required. You have to get this done by a mechanic.


Answer by  loveulouis (176)

check the gears for damage or assembly to be loose. sometimes arm and the joints could be damage. it also, check power to system you could have a short in in the wiring. Check all fuse and check for rusted or unlubricated joints to the arms. also check if both arms are coming up at the same time.


Answer by  Jaggers (1018)

Go to Whittier, Calif. and look for a low rider that bounces. Buy the owner a six pack and he/she will put you on to a local mechanic that will have your top going up and down in six seconds or less.


Answer by  heather88 (1897)

You will have to take it in to have it fixed, it could be anything that is causing it. The professionals would know how to fix the problem. Or you can go to the auto parts store and get a manual for your car, tell them the make and model of the car.

You have 50 words left!