Question by  MrsEricson (57)

What do I need to learn how to get involved in hot shot truck driving?

I would like to be involved in hot shot truck driving.


Answer by  mlh56880 (84)

Depending on the size and weight of the vehicle, a Class A or B CDL and proper endorsements are required for most hot shot trucking jobs. Many hot shot companies operate within 600 miles of their base in order to deliver promptly. Familiarize yourself with the area you want to work in and the fastest routes.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

Contact your local technical college to see what kind of truck driving training that they offer for you. Then see if there are some local truck companies that have on the job training.


Answer by  Marie52 (18)

If trailer is 30 ft or less you need a class D license. For trailers 40ft and over you need a Class A license.


Answer by  tmjr01 (26)

You need to know everything that a semi truck driver needs to know. You are required to have a class A license, follow truck driving standards, and maintain log books.

You have 50 words left!