birth control


Question by  ctinzz (1)

What can I do to induce my period?

I started birth control and after three months of not getting my period, my doctor suggested stopping the pill.It has been two weeks and nothing! I'm nervous because my doctor said I should have gotten it already. There is no possibility I'm pregnant.


Answer by  HelpfulMal (539)

First and foremost, go back to your doctor!! If you had a fairly regular cycle before going on birth control, this could be a huge red flag for some other problem. Tons of things affect your cycle--weight, stress, genetics, even your thyroid--and the best thing you can do is relax and let your doctor do some tests. Good luck.


Answer by  Meg99 (183)

I have found that physical exercise is a good way to induce a woman's period. I would suggest some type of aerobic activity for about 30 minutes. There are also herbal remedies that are available to help women with their cycle.


Answer by  Rose (6804)

There are medications your doctor can provide to you to start your period. If it does not start soon consult with im.


Answer by  Ali41 (1593)

The doctor can give you a drug called Provera. It contains progesterone. You take Provera for a certain number of days (usually about ten) and then one to two weeks later it should induce a period. Provera is generally dispenced in a stronger dose than birth control.

You have 50 words left!