cars  legal


Question by  devanathan (30)

If I purchases a car in MA and live in ME what is involved in registering the car?

I can get a better deal on a car in MA than in ME.


Answer by  mdjames26 (533)

The dealer should handle all of the paperwork for you. You will need to show a valid license and proof of insurance, but the dealer will process all of the paperwork and submit the appropriate documents to the proper agencies in your home state. Call the dealer and ask about the registration fee for registering the car out of state.


Answer by  japratt (1687)

You will have to go get a different license plate if you are thinking of moving there premanently and not moving back to ME.

You have 50 words left!