health conditions


Question by  vala (12)

I have excessive fluid behind my ear, what should I do about it?


Answer by  Barbie66 (138)

My brother has had this problem before. He saw a ear nose and throat doctor who was able to put tubes in his ears to drain the fluid.


Answer by  kevincai96 (669)

Quickly go and see a doctor. Excessive fluid might be pus, which signals an infection. If an infection is there, you really want to isolate and kill it before it spreads to the other parts of your body, which can get extremely nasty and unpleasant. Any other fluid isn't good either, so go to the doctor for goodness sake.


Answer by  CELH (298)

You can get ear drops to get it out if you can't do it yourself. To do it yourself, slightly jump and as you come down lean your head to the side with the excess water, and give it a bit of a jerk. The water should come out. I learned this from my college swim team.


Answer by  Rose (6804)

Try consulting with a doctor to see if he can relieave the pressure , if not you could try sleeping with that ear going down to promote drainage.


Answer by  kgrim (510)

The best course of action would be to see an ENT Doctor for investigation of a possible infection. If it's behind your ear and not in your ear you may want to keep it clean and dry. If it's in your ear it is strongly reccomended to see a professional for further testing on the source of the fluid.


Answer by  genuis2010 (123)

It can be a sign of inflammation or block in the ear duct. Best recommendation would be to get yourself checked by ENT physician.


Answer by  heather88 (1897)

You should go to the doctor, they can drain the fluid behind your ear. The doctor will take a suring and drain it for you. That is the best you can do for it.

You have 50 words left!