Question by  idrmname (22)

How to get a copyright?

I have created a logo for my triplet group and would like to copyright it to protect others from using it.


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You would trademark your logo, but you would need to file an application with the US Patent and Trademark office. Of course there is a cost of $275


Answer by  mediajunkie (592)

You own the copyright of any work you created. To register a copyright you will have to pay a $30 fee to the copyright office within the library of congress. Unofficially, you can seal the work in an envelope and mail it to yourself without opening it. The date on the stamp will prove the date of creation.


Answer by  Latin4 (11170)

You need to contact the United States Copyright office and ask them to send you a form. The form has to be completely filled out and all the questions answered. Whatever they want you must sent them. After their review they will send you a letter with approval or denial. Usually there is a reason, which they will state.


Answer by  zuidlaren (53)

First of all can this be done. A triplet group may have a name, but if it is a group of people , I doubt that the name can be the subject of a copyright. If large sums of money are involved, check with a patent attorney or any other legal aid.

You have 50 words left!