Question by  Ross (19)

How do you apply for a green card if you are a French citizen?

I am French but would like to live and work in America.


Answer by  patti (29325)

There is a process for non-citizens who want to work and live in the U. S. There are no special considerations or privileges for French citizens. It is a cumbersome process that can take years. Given current concerns about employment in the U. S. , work permits are not obtained simply based on desire.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

You have to go to the American Embassy where you live in France and apply for a visa to visit and work here. After you have been here you can apply for an extension or to upgrade from a green card to a temporary or permanent visa


Answer by  mediajunkie (592)

Easiest way is to marry an American citizen. Failing that, first find an employer willing to hire foreigners, after which you will obtain a H1 visa. After working 3 years on a work permit, you are allowed to apply for a Green card. Alternatively, you can join a American company in France and ask for an internal L1 via transfer.


Answer by  tml (538)

To apply for a green card you must already have clearance to work in the US via entrance visa which allows you to stay longer than a vacation.

You have 50 words left!