Question by  sabredog (50)

How do I prepare a notice of intent letter to have a child relocate?

I am going to move and have to file a notice of intent with the court system and do not understand the procedure.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

This is not something you should do by yourself. Get an attorney who is very knowledgeable in family law. If you share custody with another party they may be able to block you from moving to another state. Also if you are divorced you may need permission from the judge.


Answer by  patti (29325)

What you are asking for is a change in the custody arrangement. Go to the Clerk of Courts where your case was heard and file a motion for a hearing to discuss the matter. All parties will be notified of your request and the judge will make a decision.


Answer by  noey1958 (1405)

Go to the local probate court and see if there is a form that you can fill out. You may also talk to the lawyer of the day for help.


Answer by  Joe2009 (113)

Make sure you read your state's relocation statute in its entirety. The directions are fairly straight forward, but your county court system website usually provides you with a form designed to serve as a template and easily aide you in filing your notice.


Answer by  MathewLeonard (1)

This document sets forth the format of what information should be included in the letter of intent to relocate. t provides the relocating parent's new phone number, the name(s) of the child(ren) relocating with the parent, and the reason for relocation & submit to the division superintendent.

You have 50 words left!