real estate


Question by  JessicaL (21)

How do I go about adding names to a house title?

I want to add my new husband's name to my house title.


Answer by  epglaw (553)

You will need to file a new deed wherein you, as the owner, convey your individual ownership to yourself and to your new husband. This document is then filed with the Clerk's office which handles property records. There normally is a fee to record this document and you should consider allowing a real estate attorney to handle this task.


Answer by  blahblah (670)

In most states, you can file a "quit claim deed" to transfer property from yourself to yourself and your husband. Consult an attorney for the correct document in your state.


Answer by  msreed (14)

This is very easily done by a real estate lawyer. Just take your current deed and probably your marriage license to lawyer. I just did this for about $200 and only took a few days. Your husband probably won't even have to sign anything.


Answer by  Ralphie1954 (420)

To add a name to your home title you need to go down to the county or city courthouse and file a document to amend your title to the home with the appropriate agency. There is usually a substantial fee for amending a title so be prepared to bring your checkbook.


Answer by  Patty (195)

If you are wanting to add a new name on your house title, then you must consult an attorney. The fee is usually about or close to $200. 00 or more.

You have 50 words left!