debt  how to


Question by  Bostongal1 (54)

How do I get a collection agency to remove a collection from my report?


Answer by  gcmeyer2 (787)

The only way to get it removed is if it is really false. If it is not a valid collection account then you can go to the agency and ask that they remove it or you can go to the credit bureau and dispute the report. You can also put a consumer statement on your credit report.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must prepare detailed letters to the collection agency, the credit bureaus and the original creditor explaining why it must be removed. Report it to the Atty General, too.


Answer by  patti (29325)

You must petition in writing both the collection agency and the credit bureaus by showing clear evidence that the debt is not valid.


Answer by  hmmm (290)

You have to pay it in full and then call them. Someone you have a great representative that will agree and do so and sometimes they agree and dont remove it or just disagree. After 7 years it will be gone. If you do't want to wait that long just keep calling them.


Answer by  John (9008)

You cannot legally get them to remove any historical data. If you pay your debt, you can get them to show that it has been paid, but it is forbidden to remove accurate historical information. If the data is erroneous, you can force them to remove it, but this will probably involve hiring a lawyer.

You have 50 words left!