Question by  Kayla77 (26)

How do I find scholarships and grants for adoptive children?

I am adopted and need help paying for college.


Answer by  sarah1967 (626)

You and your parents should check with the state in which you were adopted, sometimes the adopting agency offers help them selves. You could also google scholarships for adoptive children. Depending on how much income you and your parents have you may be eligible for states grants.You don't necessarily have to get a grant for being adopted.


Answer by  elb (1105)

The financial aid office at your College can help you find local and specific scholarships. An internet search will show web sites that describe scholarships specifically for adopted children. Search also for scholarships related to your ethnic group, your financial status, and your chosen career path. Some states have scholarships for children adopted through foster care or special programs.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Contact the college and ask for their financial aid department. Many colleges also have search able databases of scholarships and grants. There are scholarships and grants for foster children, though those may not be available to you if you were adopted by your foster parents. Also contact any civic organization you volunteer with or your religious community for scholarships.


Answer by  Vllad45 (1886)

The best place to check is a scholarship database, but you may want to look into foundations for adoption as well.


Answer by  canyaso (50)

To find scholarships and grants you should check with the financial aid office of your college. You can also check with the Financial Aid office of the Federal government.


Answer by  CindyCroft (55)

Local libraries have a number of guide books that list numerous scholarships and grants available for college costs under specific categories like adoptive children.


Answer by  joanschneider1 (1)

where do I find out about collage grants or scholarships for student in Florida that are adopted?

You have 50 words left!