Question by  Melissa101010 (4405)

How do I dispute the total dollar amount quoted to me by my car insurance company?

I was recently in an accident, and the insurance company's quote for damages will not cover the repairs. How do I dispute the amount?


Answer by  silverkatcreationsyahoocom (324)

Get quotes from several local shops for repairs. Call insurance company, tell them that their quote will not cover repairs and tell them that you have quotes from 3 shops (or more) and you need to request a reevaluation of your claim.


Answer by  okcmouseketeer (779)

You need to request in writing to the insurance company for a second estimate for the damages. I would suggest that you also call around and see who will do a free quote for you. Compare the three quotes and make sure that all three have the same parts to replace and time for labor. If not, something is wrong.


Answer by  bris (82)

If you are fully comp. you should have placed it in the hands of your insurance co and if you are sued pass the Court papers to them. I am sure it will be settled. If you are 3rd party get yourself a lawyer you can not fightthis on your own.


Answer by  Olddog (85)

To start off advise them that you do not accept their amount. Gather three independent estimates for repairs and submit those to your carrier.

You have 50 words left!