Question by  tnkgdrgmailcom (18)

How can I find some home mortgages for the disabled?

I am disabled and someone told me there were mortgages specifically for the disabled.


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

There are mortgage sites dedicated to this purpose that are very comprehensive. I would also go to the site for HUD, Housing and Urban Development, inquire at your local Department of Human Services, and inquire with the local Social Security Office. Personally, my best advice it to start with HUD, or your Emergency Housing office- they know of buyer plans.


Answer by  BrendaG (6111)

Each state may have different kinds of help. Fannie Mae Foundation offers help-Community Home Choice, Community Living, Community Lending, N. O. A. H. Foundation and The U. S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development.


Answer by  bo (874)

To find out if there are mortgages specifically for the disabled, then you should contant the American Disability Association and ask for someone that knows about this.


Answer by  meena (400)

There are different types of loans available in the bank, out of that one is the mortgaging. For person who are physically handicapped there are some consideration on the interest they have to pay to the bank. There are some special clause for such people and they have to fill a form for mortgaging.


Answer by  jaki (117)

I would google home mortgages for the disabled. If you don't find anything. You might be able to find out at the human services office.

You have 50 words left!