Question by  acostaf1 (37)

How can I apply for college loans for me and my son?

My son and I both will soon be entering college, as a result I am needing to get student loans for both of us.


Answer by  MikeG (1650)

There are several different companies that offer low interest student loans, you should use these as an absolute last resort though. Meet with a school financial advisor to discuss any possible scholarships, grants or any other form of government aid that would possibly be available to you. If you have exhausted all other options, make sure to shop for rates.


Answer by  pagan23 (1342)

First of all apply for FAFSA through the government. This will give you grants and low or no interest loans. Then ask the school what other loans they qualify for.


Answer by  NGoodson (3395)

You and your son will both be eligible for federal student loans by completing a FAFSA application. You may also qualify for federal grants this way as well. If you need more than what you get on the FAFSA you will need to apply for credit based loans.


Answer by  John (9008)

Your college should have a financial aid office; you need to contact them. They will help you complete all of the necessary paperwork. At the very least, you will need to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Assistance form.

You have 50 words left!