health conditions


Question by  Dave78 (80)

What kind of doctor do you see for lymphedema?


Answer by  monkeyz (3150)

You will probably need to see your general practitioner first, and after that you may be referred to a surgeon who specializes in lymphedema removals, assuming you will get it removed.


Answer by  Lornah (282)

The top two medical doctors for such a condition would be an oncologist (cancer specialist) and a dermatologist (skin specialist).


Answer by  bubbyboy (9929)

There is no specialized doctor to treat this condition because lymphedema is not really a medically recognized subspecialty. In other words one doctor is no better than any other to diagnose and treat this condition.


Answer by  SheilaD (47)

An Oncologist is the type of doctor you would see for lymphedema. A licensed massage therapist can also help improve this ailment if done on a regular basis.

You have 50 words left!