Question by  Adam (25)

Does eating moldy food make you sick?


Answer by  patti (29325)

Probably not. A number of cheeses are created by the growth of mold (like Stilton, Roquefort, etc. ) Mold on food means the food is old, which makes it unappetizing and perhaps unsafe in other ways. Add to that traces of mold, and it's even worse. If you find mold on food, it's best to put the food in the bin.


Answer by  Amber40 (24961)

Not always but yes it can make you sick sometimes. Mold should really be avoided because it can be harmless or can make you seriously sick.


Answer by  rbiales (3441)

Many molds are healthy foods, people eat fermented foods regularly including in products such as blu cheese. Contaminated foods with harmful molds do make people sick, most people can't distinguish a safe mold from an unsafe mold, so it's safer to not eat unintentionally moldy foods.


Answer by  Liz59 (10966)

Yes, eating moldy food may lead to illnesses and in some cases food poisoning. It can also make a person severely ill. Therefore, do not eat moldy food.

You have 50 words left!