Question by  towen27 (22)

Why is Hepatitis B such a big deal?

My friend has it now and her parents are going crazy.


Answer by  sharon4595 (650)

Any kind of hepatitis is very harmful to your body. hep b really can effect your liver so badly that you could die, not only that it is a bllod disease so it effects your whole body. it can make you extremly tired and just plain old sick. It is also contagious.


Answer by  Katie57 (169)

Hepatitis B is a virus, which means that it can be managed, but cannot be "cured". Also hepatitis can lead to irreversible liver damage.


Answer by  shall8188 (266)

It's known as the silent disease, which means you can pass it on to others without knowing, through all bodily fluids. Chronic infections can lead to liver damage. 90% of people who get the disease, will fight it and become immune. The other 10% will have chronic infections for life.


Answer by  harriett (428)

It is a serious illness that can have major health consequences. Liver disease or even cancer of the liver can result, either of which could be fatal.


Answer by  billystiller (132)

Hepatitis B can cause a long term, irreversible damage of the liver, and can even lead to a liver cancer. So, it is a life long and life threatening disease.


Answer by  Darry (3853)

Half of all individuals infected with hepatitis B will develop chronic hepatitis leaving them at an increased risk for liver cancer and failure.

You have 50 words left!