Question by  qrtrhrskid (20)

If someone is bipolar do they need alternative placement in school?

I need help with my bipolar child.


Answer by  sonicfoundation (2597)

A bipolar child does not necessarily need alternative placement. It varies depending on the child and the severity. In many cases the bipolar disorder than be contained with medication and the child can function normally in school. However, in severe cases, a child may need special attention from alternative placement.


Answer by  Antimony (62)

A bipolar child whose behavior is adequately controlled with medication will not need alternative placement in school. However, if the child's behavior presents unusual risks to teachers or other students, placement in a special education classroom or other alternative environment is necessary.


Answer by  Bronagh (666)

Your school's special education coordinator will set up a plan to meet your child's specific needs. The plan can include placement in special and/or regular classes --whatever your child needs.

You have 50 words left!