guys only


Question by  antonysantos (6)

What could be the cause of a know on the vas deferens?

My brother says he has a knot.


Answer by  Melissa101010 (4405)

There could be many problems but I would say that it is an infection, maybe a STD. Who knows, go to the doctor.


Answer by  jam61 (53)

Knots or lumps on the vas deferens are called granulomas and usually occur in men who have had vasectomies. These granulomas are benign and are caused by a leakage of sperm into tissue around the vas deferens when it is cut during the vasectomy.


Answer by  MedStudent01 (1131)

The most likely cause is either a blocked up duct or an outpouching on the vas deferens. Other unlikely reasons include epididymitis, or testicular cancer. If the knot occurred suddenly and is very hard, I would recommend a testicular ultrasound just in case.


Answer by  SallyJ (1010)

The only cause of an actual knot on the vas deferens is a surgical ligature for contraception. If your brother has an unexplained lump, he should see a doctor.


Answer by  DrSPReddy (127)

A knot on the vas deferens may be due to a chronic infection such as tuberculosis. It is important to make sure it is not a growth such as cancer and one must see a doctor if it does not resolve


Answer by  Sergiu (344)

The cause of a unidentified mass of the vas deferens may usually be a sign of infection or trauma. Serious disease is less likely but possible so visit a urologist.


Answer by  arthi (336)

if there is knot in vas deferens there could be difficulty in transport of sperm and which if untreated can make him impotent and therefore an immediate medical intervention is necessary for him


Answer by  HEAJG (500)

It could be blocked due to obstruction of other organs. It could also be because of certain eating habits that cause obstruction.


Answer by  ToralDwivedi (606)

Most probably it is an inflammation called EPIDIDYMOORCHITIS caused by infection of vas. It can also be calcification or post operative fibrosis after vasectomy operation. If it is a bacterial or viral infection, it is very difficult to control because antibiotics take a very long time to reach vas. It can also be due to venereal microorganisms. Get semen examined.


Answer by  fishlover49 (643)

Your brother could have an infection in the tube carrying sperm from the testicles out of the body or he may have been exposed to a sexually transmitted infection. Encourage him to visit a doctor and get professional advice because if it is an infection it should clear up with antibiotics


Answer by  ritujain (234)

Don't panic. If it is sure that there is a knot than it can be treated by the madicine. Through medicine it can be damaged.

You have 50 words left!