Question by  Raine724 (16)

What can be done about copperhead bites?


Answer by  BrendaG (6111)

First of all, keep calm to prevent blood pumping faster. Immobilize the bitten area and keep lower than heart area. Go to the hospital immediately. Bites normally don't kill.


Answer by  raun08 (1839)

Get to the nearest emergency room or treatment center. Make sure to keep the bite area elevated and don't try to suck out the poison or apply a tourniquet.


Answer by  LenaRenneker (210)

Copperhead bites are usually not serious, but can be very painful. Over time, the venom will dissipate and lessen pain and swelling.


Answer by  Dragon7 (150)

Copperhead bites, while not as severe as Timber Rattlesnake bites should be treated at a hospital. These bites are usually not life threatening to a healthy adult. The best thing to do for pre-hospitalization treatment is to reduce circulation from the envenomated limb to the rest of the body with a tourniquet.

You have 50 words left!