Question by  Ranger1398 (33)

How should I handle my husband who has a short temper?


Answer by  Marsha (2337)

If he recognized that he has a problem then the two or you can work out a signal. Have a word or phrase that you can say when you know his temper is getting ready to flare up. Then when he hears the word he knows it is time to calm down and walk away. Allow him space.


Answer by  Caryn85 (418)

The way to handle a short temper is not tolerating it. My boyfriend used to get very short with me and I would stop talking to him and leave the room until he said he was sorry for hurting my feelings. You should tell him how he makes you feel. If he don't change go to a marriage specialist.


Answer by  Anonymous

unless he gets physical ignore him. But if his outbursts become tiresome and makes you unhappy, then you may have to leave him. Try talking about an anger management strategy when he is not angry.


Answer by  gummie (738)

A man who is quick to anger should be avoided. Since he is your husband and you are still in the marriage, you could 'walk on eggshells' for the rest of your life. This would become tiresome. A swinging door that leads away from this man should be your recourse.


Answer by  Diddum (348)

There are several options. First, you should take lesson of some self-defence martial art. Second, you can try to routinely doctor his meals with some drug to make him less violent. You can start to take pictures of all the damage he makes you when he beats you, to be used in court later.

You have 50 words left!