health conditions


Question by  AmandaVogel (19)

What type of doctor or specialist do you see for leg pain and foot numbness?

I was injured training for a marathon this past spring, and only recently has this problem arisen. I need to know if I should see my GP or a specialist.


Answer by  Jingris21 (65)

It is usually better to see a specialist for these types of injuries. The doctors that specialize in lower leg, ankle, and foot problems are known as podiatrists. You may want to see a chiropractor for the numbness as well.

Reply by rohansawant (1):
i mate with an accident and from that day i am lossing my right leg balance when the pressure comes on it...i always need to wear knee will u please help me to whom i need to prefer.  add a comment

Answer by  DrMom (854)

A neurologist is a specialist who can perform tests called electromygrams and nerve conduction studies. These will determine if there is nerve damage causing your symptoms.


Answer by  jesshayl1 (79)

Hello! First you should see your GP who will then most likely refer you to a podiatrist. Hope that helps!


Answer by  Thorie1 (59)

See a foot and ankle specialist, a special magician you need to fix all your foot problems and free you from all foot pains. If your pain caused or related with another disease, they will give the best answer where you should go. Other option, you could see a sport medicine specialist since you got injury from a marathon training.


Answer by  tlreynolds (1)

I have been through numerous of circulation test,ultra sounds... the flow of blood only...sometimes when they look bruised in the back of my legs the pain is A Scale of 10...they keep saying it is back,fibromyalgia, me recovering... I believe they need to be check this out futher... better! "Tumor"?

posted by Anonymous
You did not mention ankle swelling as well as pain/discoloration. GP told me to cut back on salt, take diuretics. Then I went to a cardiologist. An ultra sound all the way up my legs revealed I have faulty valves at the top of my leg. Simple fix surgery soon!  add a comment

Answer by  Anonymous

It is the big bone in my leg from my knee to my thigh that is so sore, I have to limp when I walk. It isn't joint pain..

You have 50 words left!