Question by  basil (311)

What should I know if I give up parents' rights in Iowa?


Answer by  patti (29325)

Regardless where you give up parental right, you won't have any rights. You will have no say and no privileges with regard to the child.


Answer by  Teaberry (846)

You should know that you lose say in where the child resides, what kind of education is received, medical care, and religious views. You stopped being the childs parent now.


Answer by  Brittney (1095)

If you give up your parental rights then you can not make any decisions regarding the child. The other parent can also deny you any visitation.


Answer by  Sylvia (759)

You are not able to simple give up your rights. It is necessary for someone to make a request that you lose your rights. The state, an individual taking care of the child, then it goes before a judge for a final decision.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If you give up parents' rights, you do not owe child support (unless rights are lost to the Child Protective Services / the state). You also lose visitation and a say in how the child is raised.

You have 50 words left!