what to do


Question by  chromiumv12 (40)

What should I do if someone stole my child's social security number?


Answer by  Amom (701)

The first thing to do is put a fraud alert on the kid's credit by contacting the 3 main credit tracking companies, then call the S.S. Administration.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

1. Contact the credit bureaus; get their file locked. 2. File a police report, taking a copy of the child's birth certificate to prove the child is a minor.


Answer by  Caryn85 (418)

This is a very serious offense you need to report is stolen and apply for a new number. Most of this can be done online.


Answer by  worker33 (41)

You should contact the Social Security Administration by phone or mail, preferably by phone and give them the details about the number and the name it belongs to.


Answer by  MrPickles (33)

You can go to the social security office and request to have it changed and I think you can only change it once free of charge.

You have 50 words left!